Sunday, February 7, 2010

I think its time...

for a new post. You know that saying, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"? Well, it's true. Daniel and I have only been doing this long distance thing for about a month and a half and I can't believe how much our love has grown even though we're not even with each other. Many times our talks on the phone have helped us communicate better. I think it's good practice for when we are married. I'm hoping we'll be able to talk everything out and enjoy our talks with one another, even if they aren't always pleasant. (I'm still dreading all the money talk we'll be doing...) His voice has become one of comfort for me. He could probably sooth any problems of mine just by laughing and talking me out of it. I really am so grateful for him.

Other bits of info - Wedding planning is going forward! We finally settled on where we're going to have our Open House in St. George. (Yay!) We also smuggled our way into scheduling the Stake Center for our wedding dinner. (I love that my dad still has connections! Thank goodness!) But also...I found my wedding dress! Yes. Yes I did, and boy, is it gorgeous! I know I shouldn't be getting such a fancy dress when I'm only having a wedding dinner and open house, but I couldn't resist, and neither could my mom. Plus, it was on sale. :) So, after I justify myself, I feel better about the purchase. I think it's ridiculous that I'm having a harder time finding shoes, than I did finding the dress. We also found a great photographer for everything! My cousin takes great pictures and I'm so glad he's agreed to do our wedding. I can't wait to start posting pictures of our engagements and our bridals.

That's pretty much it for us. Dan is still working and going to school, and I'm doing the same. I've been really sick this week, but I'm hoping I'll be all better for this next weekend when I go down to St. George. (Which just happens to be over Valentine's Day!) I know this is cheesy, but I've never spent Valentine's Day with anyone I've dated, liked, or loved, so this is a first for both Daniel and me! I'll post pictures of the weekend later. I'm out!

3 comments:

  1. Michael's doing your pictures? Coolness, from what I've seen he does do a good job. So, what's the deal with the St. George open house? Do you have a date?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of upset you're not doing an open house here! WHAT THE HECK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya with the long distance thing!! It's hard, but so worth it!

    ReplyDelete