Monday, February 20, 2012

Six Months

Our little one is six months old today! Oh my, how time flies. Talmage is changing more and more everyday. 

Here's a video to start out this post. Talmage loves to get his diaper changed in the mornings...

Our baby likes to use his mouth and vocal chords to make different sounds. He growls. He makes raspberries with his tongue and lips. He squeals. He laughs. He makes sounds with his mouth that sound like talking. He is a very vocal baby. We're hoping one day he can sing while his daddy plays the guitar.



My mom keeps asking me if I have gotten his growling on camera. I didn't realize I hadn't yet! So last week before he went down for a nap, I got him growling and caught it on video. You don't realize how hard this is because Talmage will stop whatever he is doing and watch the camera if he sees it. Hence the reason I filmed the floor.


For some reason, Talmage likes things on his head.


He also loves to eat his blankets. I can't get the kid to take a binky, but he'll take a blanket to the mouth. He loves to suck on pretty much anything, including chins (but gags when I try to put a binky in - what?) He loves to play in his little stand up play thing. He also loves to eat food! I've only given him a few different foods so far, but he's liked them all except green beans (who really likes green beans anyway?)

Talmage absolutely loves little kids. He loves to stare at them and always gets a big smile on his face when they interact with him. I went to my parents church a week ago and was waiting outside the RS room for my mom when a little girl looked up at Talmage and said "why is he staring at me?" I just laughed. They don't understand that his only interaction at home is with me and that gets pretty boring.

Some things that Talmage is also doing: almost sitting up on his own, rolling from his back to front and so forth, rocks back and forth on this hands like he is going to crawl, eats hair, grabs daddy's glasses when they play together, smiles at complete strangers (and makes them smile), recognizes mommy, and he's started to reach out for people he wants.  Overall, he's just one happy baby. 


2 comments:

  1. He is sooooooooo cute! I love him!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! He is absolutely adorable... almost as cute as my son...

    ReplyDelete