Monday, June 7, 2010

Goodbye, Rex

This post may not be the happiest, but I am relieved to say that we have sold Daniel's car, Rex. We've been going over our finances and figured out that we just can't afford a car payment on top of the rest of our expenses. For me, it's just a nice car, but for Dan, it's a piece of his manlihood. I may not understand his desire for rally racing and cars that go fast, but I do know that getting rid of a nice car that you love is a hard thing to do. Thanks for the sacrifice, babe! I promise that one day we'll get you a nice car when I make my six figures ;) . (But you have to promise you won't rally race.)

On a lighter note, his parents are the ones who bought it...so really, he'll get to see it every couple of months when we visit his family.

Update: Daniel has decided that he wants to be a financial consultant. He got pretty excited when he started planning other peoples' finances including our own. It's good to see him excited about his future career. Now, I just have to make sure that he follows through with his goal. Daniel is still searching for a job right now, so if anyone knows any good places, or anyone that is hiring, let us know! He's anxious to start work again, and so am I. Bless all those who donated to the Spear fund when we got married. We've been living off of the generous donations.

I decided to drop out of the Ragnar Relay this year due to complications with my mono. The symptoms came back about 2 weeks ago and I thought it would be best not to train and get sick again. I want to get rid of this sickness forever! It really makes me in a bad mood and being tired all the time is not fun. My husband is a dream for putting up with me. He truly is the perfect guy for me. I'm working full time and getting ready for school to start in 2 weeks. I'm totally not ready to go back, but it's time to get my brain working again.

Other than that, married life is going very well. If it's true that the first year is the hardest our marriage will be a breeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment