Friday, September 3, 2010

16th Grade


And we're still going! Daniel started school almost a week and a half ago and I'm barely blogging about it. Ya, I need to be better about this blogging thing. I have so much I want to say, but because our internet stinks at home, it's hard to want to blog when it takes like an hour to load pictures, or I can't hook up to the internet at all. But here I am! We're back. My goal is to write posts more often. I often think I need to have some cool pictures to go a long with a post, but I'm slowly coming to the realization that I don't ALWAYS have to have a cool picture. Sometimes cool words are just as good.

So here is an over due update:

Daniel is going to UVU and while it took him awhile to warm up to some of his accounting classes, he's finally finding some enjoyment amidst all the numbers and tax lingo. He's working at an investment firm part time, but has decided that may not be the route he wants to go in the future. Some days are harder than others at work, but I love it when he gets home and lets it all go. He's a real trooper and will do anything to protect and take care of me.

Amie (me) is going to BYU and loving her Advertising classes. No, really. I love them. My professors are absolutely wonderful and I'm convinced I have the best major ever. It's full of group projects which I like to call "group fun" because mostly we get to come up with crazy ideas and present them to real clients. I get to be involved with a L'Oreal competition this semester and if my team wins, we'll go to New York to present, and if we win there, they'll fly us to Paris. Yeah...I want that. I'd hate to leave Daniel behind...but I figure it's for a good cause. Anyways, work is just as awesome. I'm training a new employee and I love the feeling of being in charge. I think it comes with the whole personality trait where I like, well not like, but act like a mother. It's only a good personality trait with my children...Oh, wait. I don't have kids. But none the less, I enjoy teaching and learning. My job is fascinating. I read journals from pioneers, account books with Joseph Smith's work recorded in it, Emma Hale's family records, etc. It's just extremely awesome. My boss is just as awesome too. He's a fountain of knowledge.

Notice how my update is longer than Daniel's. It just means I like to talk more. Anyways, that's it for us. Now that I'm all caught up, I can start writing some really interesting posts. In the mean time, if you want to see why I love advertising, check this video out that our Ad lab did. It pretty much rocks.


1 comment:

  1. I need to just write too. I'm about a year behind on our blog. I just have to remember to write for our own family history, not to write for others who read it. Anyway, glad you guys are doing well. I loved the video and the song!

    ReplyDelete