Monday, September 27, 2010

Dirty Dash!

This last week I started to get sick on Tuesday night. It started with a really bad sore throat and I was terrified my mono had come back to haunt me once again, but great blessings were in store and it was only some kind of cold/flu/normal sickness thing. I rested for two days so I could gear up for this on Saturday:


Yes, nothing was going to get in my way of running the Dirty Dash. If you don't know what it is, you should go look it up. It was one of the funnest things I have ever done. I couldn't run as much as I would have liked to because I wasn't totally over my sickie-ness. I finished it none the less and crossed the finish line with my cousin, Susie, and my sister, Mackenzie (okay, so Kenzie finished slightly before us...)



I told Daniel he didn't need to come watch because I had no idea when we would finish, so when I passed the finish line I was surprised to see his clean smiling face. Seeing him was probably the highlight of the whole race. I love my man. He waited in the sun for an hour and a half to see me finish my dirty race. Susie even commented on how lucky I was to have such an amazing man. It's true. He's pretty amazing.

I encourage all to do the Dirty Dash next year. It was epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment