Sunday, September 12, 2010

Our Weekends

For those of you who know Daniel and I, you know that we're not much of party goers. Nor are we the kind of people that plan parties, or any such events. We are both pretty content being with each other, even if that means we just sit at home and watch a movie, talk, or make dinner. Some might label us as "lame," and I must say, I have called Daniel lame more than once (he's even less of a "fun" person than I am), but in our defense, I will say that we do "fun" things sometimes. (I think we error on the side of being too realistic and too practical sometimes.) This weekend we decided to take a crack at some fun. After our "fun" session of chasing down Daniel's study group at UVU, and me working on my advertising agency project on Friday, we decided to adventure along University Parkway. Guess where Daniel wanted to go? No, not F.Y.E, not Barnes and Noble, not one of the million restaurants, not the mall, not even any of the car dealerships (which surprised me the most). No, Daniel wanted to go here:

No joke. When Daniel makes a suggestion, I take it, because it's rare that he makes any. He doesn't even pipe up when he wants something at the grocery store. I mean this kid is marvelous. He doesn't ask for much, never takes, and always let's me decide, but sometimes I just want him to tell me what he wants. So, when he said he wanted to go here, I said "sure!" So for a few hours we went up and down isles looking at toys we used to play with and reminiscing about the old days. Like did anyone else enjoy playing with these classics?




We were also surprised by the new toys out now a days. What happened to the days when kids were content with the toys they got in their "silly sacks" and played in the dirt? (I know that's what I used to do and loved it.) Anyways, afterward we headed over to one of my favorite restaurants - Chili's. Mmm. And that was pretty much our night, and it was marvelous. The rest of the weekend was spent doing homework, laundry, going to the temple, baby showers, and preparing for another busy week. Sounds fun, right? Well, it was. This is what we do on the weekends.

On another note, I've felt an immense sense of gratitude lately for how Daniel and I have been blessed. We both have great jobs, we're going to good schools and Daniel is starting to love accounting (YES!). We're happy, healthy, and totally in love. A great weekend indeed.

1 comment:

  1. How Fun! I love that idea! It was so fun seeing you this weekend!! Thanks for coming! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete