Monday, January 3, 2011

2011

Happy New Year!

I know everyone has a hard time following their New Year resolutions, including me, so this year I decided to make it simple. Something I could easily do and I could stick to. I really only made one goal:

Read my scriptures everyday. (Everyday being the key word)

Ever since I've gotten married, it's been really difficult to keep up the good habits I had when I was single. Daniel and I read scriptures together, but I've been slacking on the personal study part. At my best, I will try and study the scriptures everyday, but on those days when I'm dead tired and can hardly kneel to pray, reading just a few scriptures will be enough.

My main goal this year is just to be a better person. Through the rough and smooth, I want to be an all around better person. I think studying my scriptures everyday will help with that goal. In my old single days when things were tough and I felt alone, I knew that if I just got up early to study my scriptures first thing in the morning, I could get through anything. I have a testimony of those ancient words and their truth. They bring so much peace and comfort into my life. I'm sad to admit I haven't been taking advantage of that goodness as much as I should. That ends now!

Happy New Year everyone! May this year be full of peace and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment