Thursday, December 30, 2010

Homemade Hamburgers

My hubby and I don't get to cook that often together, so when we do, it's extra special. Yesterday, we ventured out into the terrible snow storm to go to the grocery store for some needed food. I passed these jalapeno cheese hamburger buns and thought "hamburgers!" So, we decided to make them at 9 pm last night. (It wasn't really our decision, it was just when we got home.) I had lots of fun taking pictures and goofing around while cooking. Did I mention I have the best husband ever?

Here's his favorite apron, once again...

I think he looks cute.

This is our way of toasting our buns.

If you don't know what that contraption is, it's a S'more maker! I got it for one of my showers and we like to use it for everything.

This is Daniel's finished product:


But what's cooking without a big mess? That huge bottle in the background is the delicious BBQ sauce we had left over from our wedding lunch. We still haven't used it all up. It's a little hard to pour...hence the mess.

Here is my baby!
Mmmm. It really was good.

The reason why I'm posting this next picture is because of that little pink bottle that resembles pepto bismol next to the burger. This is Daniel's drink of choice. He calls it "melted strawberry ice cream" - I call it "gross." I don't know why he loves this stuff, but he does. It's little differences like that that make me love him even more.


Hey, if it doesn't get all over the place, it doesn't belong in your face.

I think I'm going to find something to eat. This post made me hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment