Friday, October 8, 2010

Five months and counting!

Today is our five month wedding anniversary for Daniel and me. Yes, we have now been married for as long as we were engaged. How crazy is that? Time flies. These past five months have been the best of my life. I couldn't have asked for a better best friend, husband, listener, protector, provider, and entertainer. He keeps me on my toes. I know he'll be a great father some day and I can't wait to see him play with our children like he does my nieces and nephews. My mom always comments about how sweet Daniel is with the kids. So here's to you, hot stuff! May the next 900 months be just as glorious as our first five.

I'm hoping to get him to splurge on some Wendy's to celebrate. (And yes, I know 5 month anniversarys aren't that big of a deal, but I like to celebrate whenever I can.)

This thought also came to me while writing this post: I don't regret how fast we started dating, and then how fast we got engaged. Not one bit. I know there are people out there that just can't believe you can get to know someone enough in 2-3 months time to be their eternal companions (me included, before I met Daniel), but they're wrong. The moment I started dating Daniel, I felt like I had known him forever (But not in the cheesy Saturday's Warrior kinda way). I was at the point in life when I met Daniel that I was just going to settle because I didn't believe the kind of love Daniel and I have now was real. So when I found him, I tried to keep him. Although, he does admit that when I went crazy on him one night (for those who know me, you know that I go into crazy moods where I say funny things, make funny noises, contort my face, and act like I'm drunk. This is what I like to call "slappy.") he started to have second thoughts about saying "I love you." But he looked past my crazy corks and faults and still loved me.

The end. (well until I can come up with something else to blog about.)

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post. We are so happy for you two and also can't wait to meet those Spear babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats exactly how i felt about ricky. after being with him for the short five months we dated i felt like we had been best friends a lifetime. awe, i love love :) you and daniel are so cute.

    ReplyDelete