Thursday, October 21, 2010

Catch-up

Not ketchup. Although ketchup is like the sauce of life.

Alright, enough of that. I finally uploaded my pictures for this month so far and decided it was time to blog about them. They're too good not to.

Conference weekend, was absolutely wonderful. Not only were the talks given by the divinely inspired exquisite, but I loved being with the family, and making these:


I know the pictures aren't very good, but you'll have to take my word for it that they're adorable. These little diaper bags are for on-the-go mom's. It's just big enough to fit a small thing of baby wipes and a few diapers, but very convenient. (And no, I'm NOT pregnant. I just like making baby things.) While the men were at the Priesthood session, my sister, her friend, and I made all sorts of creative things. My sister even made a skirt for her 1 year old out of some of her old shirts. Talk about being resourceful.

For the Sunday morning session my kind brother invited us over for breakfast. My sister-in-law made stuffed french toast, and needless to say, I had more than one. Daniel took the chance to play with his little niece in her part of the basement. You have to understand that Halle is the only girl amongst her 3 brothers so she gets left out and has to play alone. Daniel was sweet enough to play "grocery store" with her and even dressed up to fit in with the pink and purple toys.



She loved it. I grabbed the camera as soon as I saw him with the wig on.

My cousin asked me to do a cake for her baby's blessing the weekend after conference, for which I was absolutely excited to do. I just wish I wasn't in school so I could have more time for the process. Since I was busy all week, I didn't get started until Saturday morning. Let's just say it was a long day and night. But totally worth it. Here's my trusty assistant who is at my side in an instant, despite his load of homework. He's truly wonderful.

This next picture was taken at about 2:30 am. I was tired, Daniel was tired, and I was just ready to go to bed, but I kept going along.

This was about 3:50 am. And yes, I still wasn't done. But by gosh, I was going to make this cake fantastic, no matter how long it took. My cousin deserved to have the best.

Daniel and I took a nap from about 4 am to 6 am. I got up early to finish the last bit. Here's the final creation!



It wasn't as good looking as I wanted it to be, but boy did it taste good! I always hate looking at the finished product because I can see every mistake and every blemish. All I can say, is I tried my best with the time I had on this one. Thanks Melanie for letting me take part in such a special day! The blessing was beautiful.

This last weekend we were able to go to St. George and visit both the parentals. It was glorious, besides the homework part. We saw a lot of old friends, worked hard, and ate well. Daniel's mom was kind enough to make some caramel apples with me. She is one of the best cooks and I was excited that she was going to show me some tricks of the trade. They turned out absolutely delicious! Take a look!

The apples were perfect - big and juicy. I'll have to get her caramel recipe and post it one of these days.
While we were making caramel apples, Daniel was doing this:

I think he's cute when he studies.

I was having a rough day on Saturday while helping my mom at the chocolate factory, so when I got back, Daniel had these waiting for me.

They smelled delectable! Not to mention how good they looked.

Anyways, it's been a busy busy time in our lives as of late. I feel like I'm running a million miles an hour and I don't have time to even go grocery shopping. I can't wait to graduate!!! I want a life where I can concentrate on taking care of my husband and feeding ourselves. My body isn't handling this terrible diet anymore. I'm going to write a post about that later. Let's just say I have some life changing decisions to make. It's time for some self control, and figuring out my highest priorities in life. Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Haha! I looked ahead at the pictures before reading, and I was trying to figure out what relative it was pushing the mini shopping cart...For a split second, I thought it was Aunt Tami or someone, but then I noticed the manly legs...haha :)
    Those apples look divine! I think the treats this time of the year are the best.
    Can't wait to read more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like so much fun Amie! As always your cake was beautiful and I'd love the caramel recipe, I've been wanting to try caramel apples! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amie and Dan! We can't thank you enough for the AMAZING cake for Jaden's blessing!!! Amie you are so talented! I still get comments on how incredible and yummy it was!!! Haha and you can count on that we will be spreading the word about your business and using you for our future cakes! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amie those diaper holders are ADORABLE!!! I seriously want to buy one from you :-) how much would you charge to ship one to Ohio? I'm serious to, let me know! You are so talented

    ReplyDelete