Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pirates and Doughnuts

I absolutely love this time of year. I could be having a rough day and all I would need to do to make it better is walk outside and hear the crisp fall leaves crunch beneath my feet and look up at the flaming mountains. Seriously. Fall is my favorite time of year, yet it seems to be the shortest season. Go figure. I also love Halloween, although Daniel doesn't. I'm not big into the gory, terrifying, haunted Halloween though. I mostly love it for the caramel apples, apple crisps, falling leaves, kids in costumes, and cooler weather. So to enjoy this time of year, my parents came up to visit and as a big Purles family, we all bought tickets to go on the Provo River Pirate Boat Cruise. I'm glad we all had two-for-one coupons, otherwise it would have been a rip-off. (I don't suggest doing it unless you get a good discount). I enjoyed it though, despite the complaints my family had. Thankfully, there was at least one person acting as a pirate the whole time, which made it highly entertaining.


Gracie was so excited to be around the family and see all the excitement and lights. I love this little girl! I mean look at this face!:

This next picture was taken on the way to the dock to load the boats. It's about the only good picture I have of the whole trip.

Afterwards, we headed to Kenzie's for my brother's birthday celebration and also a little Halloween party. We had a doughnut eating contest for the little ones and ate delicious chili, cornbread, and hot chocolate. Some of my favorite fall foods.




Here is the cat that wanted to come home with us. It was so cute and fuzzy and friendly, but we kicked it out of our car. One day, I want a big orange cat, just as friendly as this one was.

There was a fun-filled weekend! We spent all day Saturday going grocery shopping and doing homework, which felt wonderful because we haven't been able to just have a day for homework for months! Now we have food too!

No comments:

Post a Comment