Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My happy thought

So, I think it's time to come out clean. The reason why I haven't blogged in a while (or had no interest in blogging) is because my thoughts have been elsewhere. I think a picture will tell the story. Here is where my mind has been:


The above picture was taken over six weeks ago, so obviously it looks a little different...that BABY!! looks kinda like the gadget that I added to the side of my blog. Go ahead. Take a look. It actually looks like a human.

Yep, I'm 12 weeks pregnant. :) I'm already starting to show. A little. We took this next picture on Valentine's Day, after I had eaten more than I have been able to in months, so it helped push the baby bump out.

The baby is due two weeks after my graduation day! Talk about cuttin' it close. Daniel and I couldn't be more excited!

Yesterday I went to my second doctor's appointment and everything looks great. Which is why I'm posting this. We got to hear the little heart beating stronger than at the ultra sound. I'll never forget Daniel's face when he heard our little baby's strong heart on the monitor.

I haven't been too sick, which has been such a blessing. I don't know what I would do if I had to go to school and work and throw up 3 or 4 times a day. The Lord continues to bless. :) The only morning sickness I've had is the non-ability to eat. Foods that I sort of liked before I was pregnant, I can't touch. Foods that I absolutely hated make me want to vomit just by smelling them. Foods that I absolutely loved, I love even more (you'd think this was a good thing, but these foods consist of fries, chocolate, and stuff I probably shouldn't be eating all the time). Luckily I have the most patient husband in the world. Daniel has gotten me through so much. I can't express how grateful I am for his patience, love, and his late night drives to Wendy's. One of my favorite things is when Daniel will put his hand on my stomach and say with a huge smile "there's a baby in there!"

All of the mood swings, the nausea, the headaches, the food cravings, they are all worth it. This little baby of mine is my happy thought. It's getting me through my last semester and pushing me to finish.

11 comments:

  1. This is most fabulous news! We love you guys and hope all continues well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome! I'm really happy for you guys. Our babies won't be that far apart! Any vibes on gender?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great! Congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was wondering when you were going to post about this, juli told us a while ago. congrats though, that is super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amie, that is so exciting! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Amie!! So happy for you!! You look great too, can't wait to see more pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I'm sooo excited for you guys! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so exciting! You're mom mentioned it to me a couple of weeks ago, and I was wondering if you were ever going to blog about it. You'll have to keep us updated! Good luck with going to school and being pregnant, I could never do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah! So many babies! We're so excited for you. If you take the suggestion about, we'd have about 4 cousins named Jimmer though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! ahhh i am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete