Friday, March 25, 2011

Four Months

Alright, so I'm behind on my picture taking. I'm actually almost 18 weeks, which is a little over four months. But I don't think I've changed that much in the last two weeks. So, here it is!

Daniel and I were babysitting my little niece yesterday and she sneaked into the next picture. I figure this will be me in like...five years, so why not have a future shot too?

I'm finally starting to feel like I'm in that "golden" second trimester. Still haven't gotten back all my energy, and I don't think I will during pregnancy, but I can eat things I couldn't in my first trimester and smells don't make me want to throw up all the time. It's great. Sometimes I forget that I am pregnant and the only thing that reminds me is my bathroom scale. I still haven't felt any kicks. Well, not any that I can say are for sure the baby. I've felt flutterings here and there, and I'm sure Daniel is sick of me saying "I think I felt the baby!" and then putting his hand where I felt it. Of course, he's never felt anything. I'm grateful that I haven't been swelling, and I can still wear my normal jeans. Although, most of my shirts are completely out of the question.

I'm having a hard time sleeping - of course. I figure it's my body preparing me for when the baby comes. I wake up a lot because my arms fall asleep, or my knees hurt. My midwife said I shouldn't be sleeping on my back, so it gets a little frustrating, but nothing I can't handle. Oh, and my dreams are crazy! I've had about every crazy dream there is, and I can usually remember all the details. I think last night I dreamed of aliens coming to our house (our house meaning the whole Purles clan - don't ask me why as siblings we all decided to live together) and they were taking pictures through our windows. I don't know why, but it had a horror feeling to it. I think at times like this it would be fun to have a dream interpreter.

I have a slight aversion to meat lately. But, only meat that I cook at home. I'm fine with eating meat at restaurants and at fast food joints. It's kinda strange, I know. So when I made a huge skillet of chicken fajitas -


I was a little peeved that I couldn't even touch them.

Daniel and I have been talking baby names, but I don't think I'm going to be telling people what we decide until the baby is out and named. Sorry, everyone. I don't like seeing people's reactions to some of the names we like. I figure once the baby is named, everyone can just grin and bear it. (Our names haven't even been that crazy...) Plus, I think I'm going to pick out two names that we absolutely love (which is a difficult task for us) and decide which one to use when the baby is here.

Over all, I'm getting really excited about the baby coming. I started looking up baby supplies and planning what we're going to do with our new apartment. I just can't get over the fact that in less than five months I'm going to be a mother. Crazy thought. :)



1 comment:

  1. My arms fell asleep ALL THE TIME. It drove me *crazy.* I'm pretty sure it stopped around six or seven months though. Or maybe I just got used to it...
    Do you have an appointment to find out the gender yet?

    ReplyDelete