Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ups and Downs

Way good news: Daniel and I found a wonderful apartment! We're stoked to move, and I'm even more stoked to finally have a dishwasher! I've never been so excited to do dishes.

More good news: My baby is doing great. (We're already 17 weeks along.) I went to the doctor last week and everything is perfect. It was harder to find the heart beat this time, but I'm assuming that's because my midwife said I have "strong abdominal muscles" and a "thick uterus." She also said because of the before listed reasons, I won't be feeling the baby kick for a few more weeks. I'm way too impatient to feel this baby.

Good good news: Daniel and I are doing great in school...which is kinda weird considering I feel like I'm slacking more than ever. Daniel just aced his accounting test, and I aced my adolescent literature test! (98%, baby!). The Lord continues to bless us, everyday.

Semi-good news: Daniel and I started budgeting. As much as we hate talking about money, we decided it was time to have a budget, especially since we have a little baby expense on the way. We started to use mint.com. It's a fantastic website I learned about in our stake's Moneywise workshop. It's not perfect, but it's a heck of a lot better than nothing. We're excited to save and prepare for the future...kind of. Already we're over budget on food this month. I blame that on myself. I am the pickiest eater ever since I've been pregnant.

Good and bad news: We got back from St. George this weekend. Good news is we enjoyed every minute. Bad news is that we want to go back - now. We love that place.

Bad news: I haven't found an internship yet. I've applied, been interviewed. The two I interviewed for needed an intern for a year...I can't do that with this baby...so...yea. I'm still on the hunt. It bugs.

Really bad news: I'm stressed out. A lot. It's getting to be crunch time in school, and with finding an internship, it's kind of an overload. Plus, I have to make sure I'm taking care of myself for the baby...it's a tough balance.

We have more good news than bad news, so I consider that a very great blessing. :) Of course life comes with it's ups and downs, and I consider that a good thing. Without the downs, I wouldn't know how good it felt to be on an up.

I'll try and be better at posting...and taking pictures. I'm already behind on my monthly pictures of my belly. Go figure. I'm just not that excited to see my body get bigger and bigger, even if it is for a good reason.

1 comment:

  1. Loved your post. Glad you and the baby are doing well! Don't stress too much, everything always works out and you will find an internship! Good luck with the rest of school!

    ReplyDelete