Friday, July 29, 2011

Grown-up things

This morning Daniel asked me what was the best way to renew a license. I thought, "Well that's weird." So I asked, "Why do you want to know? Did your license expire yesterday or something?" and then he pulled out his license for me to see that it had expired almost SIX MONTHS ago. What?! Apparently Utah doesn't send out notices anymore. How rude.

So that's just another little thing we have to do on top of finding a pediatrician, getting new insurance, paying bills, being parents, and all the other fun grown-up stuff. Does anyone else miss the days when all you had to worry about was homework and your next meal? While those days are long gone, I really wouldn't trade this time in my life for the world. I think Daniel and I have more fun than most couples - even under stress. I'm grateful for his supportive nature and his determination to do well in school, work, and life in general. He's amazing.

I downloaded some photos from our camera and forgot about the fun trip we took to Baby Depot at Burlington Coat Factory. Let's just say we didn't find much. But we did have a lot of fun. Someone had a little too much fun feeling the fabric for this bed covering...

You can't really tell, but someone not only felt the fabric, but decided that they needed a bigger hole in the plastic cover to get a better feel. I don't know why this was so hilarious for me, but I honestly could not stop laughing.

We went to the Draper temple with my fam a few weeks ago and when we got out it was the most beautiful rain I have seen in a long time. I forgot how much I miss Draper and the view of the Valley.





This is just one of my favorite grown-up things to do. Thanks Mom and Dad for teaching me the importance of going to the temple. I always remember you two going to the temple no matter how busy or hectic life got.

No comments:

Post a Comment