Saturday, May 1, 2010

Seven

Today was a very special day. I did two very big things that I've never done before. Kenzie and I woke up early to run down Provo Canyon which turned out to be around 7 1/2 miles. Yes, I, Amie Purles (soon to be Spear), ran more than 6 miles today. It was a big accomplishment for me. It was beautiful, hard, and snowed for the last 40 minutes. But it was wonderful. Thank you Mackenzie for having the confidence in me that I never had myself. I love my sister more than she'll ever know, and I think I'll always be indebted to her for everything she's done for me, including putting up with my kicking in the night when we slept together as youngins.

My old Draper ward threw me the most amazing shower today. I loved seeing all my old YW and Relief Society leaders along with the women I used to babysit for. It was truly wonderful. I received amazing presents and I'm even more excited to start my new little life with Dan.

Tonight was probably the most wonderful, yet intimidating experience of my life. It was something I've prepared my whole life for, and finally came. Today I went through the Draper Temple with my family and loved ones. I was so happy to be there with them and to see their support for me. I love my family dearly. It was also an amazing experience to be there with my future husband who loves me so much.

When Daniel and I got home from the Temple, he pulled out a box from his truck, and told me it was a present he had made me. He also told me that all that TV he'd been watching when I called him on the phone...hadn't really been what he was up to. I opened the box to find the cutest quilt! Dan works at a quilt shop (or I guess I should say, he did work at a quilt shop), and this is what he had been working on for the past couple of months. I told you he was wonderful! I totally cried and felt bad for getting after him for watching so much TV. Man, I can be heartless sometimes. He was so happy to give it to me, and I was so grateful to receive it. I really am marrying the best man out there. Sorry ladies, I got the best of the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment