Friday, April 30, 2010

Eight

...reminds me of the magic 8-balls I used to play with as a kid. You know the kind you relied on to tell you your future, so I asked questions like, "magic eight ball, will I marry georgie some day?" and then having my dreams shattered when it answered, "don't count on it." Oh the small dreams of elementary years.

Today I was able to check into our apartment. YES, the SPEAR residence. Wow, that sounded pretty cool. I stuck the key in, turned it, and opened the door to an empty one bedroom apartment which smelled...funny. (Go figure) I thought the place looked pretty good, but then upon closer inspection, realized how gross it really was. I just KNEW there were some places that hadn't been cleaned in years. And the toilet! Don't get me started...but I really believe that when you leave a place, you leave it better than when you found it, which is why I went to work for a few hours and came back to clean...and clean...and clean. I spent an hour and a half just on the stupid tiled tub. (I swear there were boogers still crusted on the tile...) Anyways, I'll save you any other details to the uncleanliness of our new apartment. But just know, that by the time I'm through, you'll be able to eat off the floor in safety. It really was exciting to be in our new place though. Crazy, but wonderful. It still hasn't hit me I'm getting married.

Daniel got off work early, packed up the car with our new (yet, old) full sized bed and drove his little hiney up to Provo. (Which made us both deliriously happy.) I showed him the new place, he didn't think it was too bad, and thanked me for the wonderful cleaning job. Then, I told him about the leak under the sink...and the fact that we had no hot water or hot air...he said he would fix that. I love my man.

Oh, and I made another cake. I think that makes like...6?

No comments:

Post a Comment