Thursday, December 30, 2010

Our first married Christmas

...was absolutely wonderful. This year, I felt that I didn't need any presents. Just the fact that I was with Daniel, in a warmer place (St. George) with loving family, and enjoying no work, no school, and no stress, was the best gift anyone could have given me. Daniel and I have expressed to each other how blessed we were this Christmas season.

Regrettably, I didn't take many photos. I need to get better at that before we have kids.

This is our miniature Christmas tree that fit our little apartment perfectly, and didn't take a whole lot of time to put up.



Daniel cooked me breakfast - with my apron on. It was a dream come true. Look at this handsome man!

On Christmas eve while we were in St. George, Daniel took me to visit my Grandpa P's grave that I haven't seen in a couple of years. And to make Christmas Eve even better, we headed over to the St. George temple with Daniel's parents later that night and were able to hear my Grandpa P. narrate the nativity. Apparently, they've replaced the recording at the Salt Lake Temple, but kept the old recording at the SG Temple. I was so grateful I could hear the nativity story told by him one more time before they changed it. I sure miss him! His voice has always been a comfort for me.



Here's the Spear Christmas tree with flash on:

Flash off:
The point is, it was extraordinary with flash and without.
My mother-in-law had been wanting a Wii for awhile now, and finally, Santa granted her wish. We had so much fun playing together and I've never seen Daniel's dad laugh so hard.

Daniel received a huge tool set and I was graciously given something I've always wanted:

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhoVGPFZXLqQyuORnapD6XxfoFADgBXpTp6CzUH9_JfQ7K1DXJr0cYjqkA0ewOZIeBk5m8LWfsUApaTcIjpAihiQ-9jBId5dTdd5umlL9rf4OG8lUp1UoJziYdW9iRELB_kbfFpZZEZdoc/s1600/kitchenaid.jpg

That's right, I finally got my Kitchenaid! I was super surprised when I got it, but so grateful. We also received one of these:

http://toilettent.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/41O9UaiOc2L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

That's right. A portable toilet. Daniel was more excited about it than I was, but it really is a great idea. Now when we go camping, we won't have to go to the bathroom in the wild. Best. Gift. Ever. (sarcasm? maybe...)

We were blessed by parents, grandparents, and siblings this Christmas season. We are fortunate to have such thoughtful family members who take care of us. Thank you to all! We hope your Christmas was just as relaxing and wonderful as ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment