Saturday, December 18, 2010

What to do now?

Finals are over! Yes, we survived them. It has been a crazy last couple of weeks, but Daniel and I are still alive and kickin'. I'm particularly proud of Daniel because I know he had it harder than I did (I mean come on, Tax finals vs. Advertising finals. There is no comparison for difficultness).

Anyways, now we have the problem of not knowing what to do with ourselves. Crazy, right? But, I'm sure all of you know the feeling. It's not that we aren't grateful for this long awaited break we've been working so hard for, it's just that we don't know what to do with ourselves. Both of us only work part time, and without homework, study groups, and tests, we have no idea what to do. Oh sure, yesterday we enjoyed shopping (Daniel got my Christmas present!) and even a movie!

By the way, everyone should go see this new one. SO good. We have been waiting for it for a long time, and we weren't disappointed. Daniel was actually excited when we walked out. That's rare. As much as we enjoyed the movie and shopping though, I've realized we don't have the money to go out to eat, shop, and go to movies all break long. Plus, it would get boring. So now what?

It's a little sad, but I still haven't been able to get into the Christmas spirit. I think it's because when I'm in school, I'm so consumed that I don't have time or the brain space to think about anything else. Now that it's all over, I just don't know where to even begin getting into the season spirit. I want to help someone, I want to make cookies and sweets (but I can't because I'm off of sugar until we go to St. George again and I can't have that temptation around, even if I am giving it away), I want to do a service project, I want to decorate, I want to do CHRISTMAS! I feel like singing the song from the Grinch, "Where are you Christmas," because frankly, I miss the old day Christmas-es with my siblings and parents. I feel a little lost. Daniel and I have expressed this feeling of having a deep void. Hopefully it will go away soon.

The one thing I do know and can accomplish is remembering what this season is about and focusing my life on Christ. It is because of His miraculous birth that we even celebrate this holiday. I am so grateful for my Savior and for His sacrifice for me. I know the Atonement is real and I have felt its healing power. And, I love getting up and having all the time I need to read my scriptures and ponder.

So, maybe this whole not knowing what to do, won't be so hard to figure out after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment