Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mommy and baby updates

So I realize that I haven't been that great at blogging. I blame it on the moving and lack of picture taking. I don't know what my problem is, but I just don't like pictures. I'm fine taking them of other people, but not so cool about taking them of myself. Since I'm usually around Daniel, he's the one who gets his picture taken, but lately he won't even let me take pictures of him. This is all a-round-about way of saying that I'm not a very good blogger. For my own records, however, I would like to be able to look back on this pregnancy and have a little more detail. Here it goes.

I think our baby is going to be an all-star soccer player. I mean, this kid can kick! And he's only getting stronger. It's kinda creepy looking down and see my belly move around so much. It reminds me of those X-file or alien movies where someone has an alien crawling around inside them. Although my little alien is so much cuter and way less harmless. I still can't get over how weird it feels to feel him move around. I told Daniel the other night that I'm definitely going to have some kind of separation disorder when he comes into the world just because I like to feel him so close to me (or should I say, inside of me?) Anyways, it's just an awesome feeling. I know now why some women like to be pregnant. I mean the whole morning sickness thing aside, being pregnant can be a really awesome experience.

I'm six months along and our baby is about a foot long and weighs a little over a pound (So how come I weigh like 20 lbs more than I did when we started? Someone explain that to me.) I think Baby Center compared his length to an ear of corn. Weird to think that something that long is floating around down there.

Daniel and I have been talking baby names and we agree on very few. I'm excited to surprise everyone with the final name when we actually make the decision.

I believe my favorite thing right now is watching Daniel talk to the baby. He'll lean down and talk to my stomach and say things like "Hey, how you doin' down there?" and, "You better quit kickin' your Mom," or other such cute phrases. He believes our baby boy will be the race car driver that he always wanted to be...I think otherwise. I also love that since the baby kicks so often, Daniel is able to feel him a lot.

I'm working in a new office for the next month and I'll have plenty of time to keep on making updates to this blog. Stay tuned.

I actually took pictures too.

No comments:

Post a Comment