Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Swollen Feet

Would you look outside today?! It's BEA-U-TIFUL. Which is saying a lot, considering it's been raining for the past 2 weeks or so. I lost count after it was raining for a week straight. I hope you all have a wonderful day with the sun shining, birds chirping, and construction sirens sounding.

I figured it was time for another little update in the life of pregnant Amie. I went to my mid-wife last week and everything checked out great. Baby boy has a strong heartbeat and continues to grow. I have another ultrasound to make sure everything is going the way it should in two weeks. We're praying that everything goes just as well as it has so far. Baby boy Spear (from hence forth he will be called this, since we haven't named him yet and I have no idea what else to call him) still loves to kick his mommy. I mean I'm sure the kid doesn't think anything of it, and quite frankly, I like the reassurance that he's alive and kicking anyway (unless he gives a nice kick to my ribs), so I guess we're both enjoying it for the most part. I now know the difference between his kicking, hiccups, and when he is just stretching out.

One of the big down sides to this week has been the recent swelling of my feet. I considered myself lucky so far to not have swollen up, but in the last 3 days or so, my feet have probably tripled in size. No joke. I can't wear most of my shoes. The other day, it was even hard for me to walk around. I get frustrated when I look down and can't even recognize my own feet. My feet used to be my treasure...they used to be so cute...with my nails all painted and ready for summer...and now...I can't bare the sight of them. I know I sound pretty immature right now, but if you had as cute of toes as I do, you'd be pretty sad when they disappeared into a swollen mass too.

It seems like the days are going by so fast. I'm not sure I'm ready for this little guy to come into the world. I'm not prepared. I haven't finished my quilt, or even started on my car seat cover, let alone even bought a car seat yet. I feel SO behind, and yet, I'm doing the best I can with working full time, with a part-time internship, an online class, plus the regular duties of a wife (which I absolutely love, but seem to be slacking in. Our stuff is still in boxes...) But this baby boy is going to come into the world whether I'm ready for him or not. Is anyone ever really prepared for a newborn baby anyway? Probably not. So, at least I am comforted in knowing I'll probably never be "completely" ready.

The Lord continues to bless the Spear family. Today was one of those days when I got up and starting singing "Oh, what a beautiful morning. Oh, what a beautiful day, I've got a wonderful feeling, everythings going my way..." (Thank you, girls camp). But, it is truly how I feel. Daniel and I are enourmously blessed. And to top off all our many blessings, we are taking a wonderful vacation to beautiful St. George this weekend. I'm SO excited to get working on my sewing projects, spend time with family and friends, and most of all, SWIM. I have been CRAVING a good swim for a long time. I'll have to strip myself of pride and not care about my swollen fat legs and feet...which is going to be hard. I wouldn't be surprised if I start swimming in my tears or something. Too bad they don't make a one piece, full bathing suit (with fabric to cover legs and arms) for pregnant women. I'd be all over that.

That's about it. I'll post pictures of our trip as soon as we're back.

Oh, and by the way, Daniel is doing awesome too. He's studying for the GMAT. Bless his heart. This post was my ranting about pregnancy, but I wanted you all to know that I have a wonderful husband and he is doing awesome at his husbandry duties.

2 comments:

  1. Drink more water and try to put your feet up as much as possible! Good luck darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw so many testimonies about Dr Itua a great HERBAL DOCTOR that can cure all kind of diseases and give you the rightful health to live a joyful life, I didn't believe it at first, but as the pain got worse and my life was at risk after visiting my therapist numerous times for combination of treatments. And no changes so I decided to take a try, I contacted him also and told him I want a cure for Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and it was Stage IIIA, he gave me advice on what I must do and he delivered it to me in my state which I use according to his instruction, and today I must say I am so grateful to this man Dr Itua for curing me from Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and for restoring me back to my normal health and a sound life, I am making this known to every one out there who have been living with cancers all his life or any sick person should not waste more time just contact him with his details below- WhatsApp- +2348149277967 Email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, believe me this man is a good man with Godly heart, this is the real secret we all have been searching for. Do not waste more time contacting him today for you to also live a sound and happy life. He cures the following disease, thyroid Cancer, Uterine cancer, Fibroid, Arthritis, Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia, Bladder cancer, Brain cancer, HIV, Herpes, Esophageal cancer, Gallbladder cancer, Gestational trophoblastic disease, Head and neck cancer, Hodgkin lymphoma Intestinal cancer, Kidney cancer,Hpv, Lung cancer, Melanoma,Mesothelioma, Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Oral cancer, Ovarian cancer, Sinus cancer, Hepatitis A, B/C, Skin cancer, Soft tissue sarcoma, Stroke, Lupus, Spinal cancer, Stomach cancer, Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer, Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases, Pancreatic Cancer, Leukemia, Liver cancer, Throat cancer, Alzheimer's disease, Chronic Diarrhea,Copd, Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis.

    ReplyDelete