Saturday, April 24, 2010

Ragnar Relay

I'm a little bit excited because today I hit a pretty big milestone. I ran 4 miles, which is farther than I've ever run before. You might ask, Why? Well, I'll tell you. A couple of months ago, me, my sister, and my sister-in-law were looking for a half marathon we could run together. But because of my wedding, we couldn't find one that fit all of our schedules. Then, one day, my sister and I found out about the Ragnar Relay - 2 days, 188 miles, from Logan to Park City in teams of 12 people. You could say we were pretty excited about it, even though it sounds a bit challenging. I agreed to do it, even though I was busy with school, didn't know I'd be getting sick, or having surgery, and knew I was getting married a month before the actual race. Let's just say, I'm a little bit behind in training. I'm so grateful for a sister who pushes me to do more than I thought I was capable of. So, on June 19th and 20th, I'll be running a little over 16 miles. Call me crazy, but I think it sounds like the funnest, most amazing accomplishment. And come on, what's more exciting than driving in a van with others who love running just as much, or more than you for two days, catching some rest in parks along the way, and just being on a team? Um...maybe Disneyland...but that's out of my budget until Daniel and I become millionaires.

Daniel, who is the awesome future husband he is, volunteered to be a van driver so he can be with me every step of the way. Now how's that for committed? I love him muchly. I can't believe that in two weeks, we'll be sealed for time and all eternity. I couldn't be more excited, or happy. I've never felt so right about anything in my life. I'm always surprised by how similar Daniel and I are. I love it. Thank you St. George for spitting out the man of my dreams.

Next week: running down provo canyon for almost a full hour...wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. i feel like a stalker because ive been looking at your blog since you guys got engaged :) hope you dont mind.

    ReplyDelete