Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pie!

Okay, I promised I would write a post to make up for my bad one yesterday, so here it is!

While Daniel is slaving away at work today, I'm in the kitchen making my first Pecan Pie. I have fond memories of this particular pie. My Aunt Lynnie used to make it for our big family get togethers during Thanksgiving, and I've been hooked ever since. I don't know what makes a good Pecan Pie, so I tried a recipe from the Pioneer Woman. It's called The Pie That'll Make You Cry. Take a look! But the only reason that I'll cry over it is because I'll be thinking about how my body is going to react to all the sugar and fat. Oh well, Thanksgiving only happens once a year!

Daniel and I are heading down to St. George in a few hours to join my family for our reunion. I'm very excited. I love it when my family gets together. I'm so grateful for them, and that they are so close to me and Daniel. If only my parents could sell the chocolate factory for millions and get up here again. :) Speaking of being grateful, I have a very long list of things I am grateful for, so I thought I would just mention a few:
  • My wonderful husband. I know that I was prompted to move to St. George a little over a year ago so I could meet him. I didn't know why I felt so strongly about going, because believe me, I did NOT want to go, but I did, and I will forever be grateful for following that gut feeling. I love him dearly, and couldn't imagine being with anyone better. He keeps me sane, and on the straight and narrow. I always wish I could do more for him.
  • Family, of course! And not just any family, the best family on this planet. I was blessed with a new amazing family when I married Daniel - which makes me doubly grateful. I'm grateful for my siblings who follow the commandment to multiply and replenish the earth, because I have lots of kids to have fun with! (By the way, did everyone know we have two additions to the family come this April? Congrats to Amber and Kristin!)
  • Cooking. Yes, I love to cook and I'm grateful that I can. I guess food would be added to this bullet point too - because as all of you know. I LOVE food.
  • The clothes on my back, a warm shelter, and enough money to survive on more than potatoes and oats.
  • BYU! And the fact that I'm graduating soon. I especially am grateful for the wonderful professors I get to work with everyday, and their influence for the better.
  • UVU! So that Daniel can graduate too.
  • Can one be grateful for wonderful smells? Because this pecan pie is making me awfully hungry. I can't tell you how good it smells. I'm grateful for smell.
  • Our car. We abuse it, and it still shows us love. I'm grateful that it still works and gets us from point A to point B.
  • St. George aka warmer weather.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! May we all count our blessings this season. I promise that once you do, your eyes will be opened to see more blessings in your life. Eat lots of food, and enjoy your families and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment