Monday, November 22, 2010

Yummy

That's all I have to say about how delectable this weekend's recipe adventures were. I decided to make Sundays my new recipe experiment day. It's working out quite marvelously. Yesterday while listening to a Christmas Pandora play list, (which we NEVER do, because somewhere there is an unwritten rule about no Christmas music before Thanksgiving, but I couldn't help it), I made Chicken Pot Pie and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Oh. My. Goodness.

I decided to share the cookie recipe with you. I got it off the Food Network website, but changed it up a bit to make it better (and because I didn't have all the spices...so I improvised. That's the one bad thing about cooking on Sunday...)

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup (2 sticks) of butter, softened
1 cup of white sugar
1 cup of brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups canned pumpkin puree
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups semisweet or milk chocolate chips
Nonstick or cooking spray or parchment paper

Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick spray or line them with parchment paper.

Using a mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Beat in the white and brown sugars, a little at a time, until the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time, then mix in the vanilla and pumpkin puree. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Slowly beat the flour mixture into the batter in thirds. Stir in the chips. Scoop the cookie dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheets and bake for 15-20 minutes.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment