Sunday, November 28, 2010

A frozen bed

We got back from the Thanksgiving break a little early last night. We wanted to miss the snow storm, since my car doesn't do well in the cold white stuff. I forgot how cold it gets here in northern Utah, and we came home to a freezing apartment. No, really. I pulled down the covers to our bed, and our bed was was almost frozen. We have one of those memory pads on our bed and it was completely hard. It took a couple hours for it to warm up and act like it should. We laughed about it, and slept with tons of covers.

Our family reunion was wonderful! We didn't really have a strict schedule to go by, so we mostly just enjoyed each others company, which was alright with me. I thought I'd document some of the highlights. Such as this:

Food! This is my uncooked Pecan Pie. I know now why Pioneer Woman didn't have a picture of the cooked pie...it doesn't look very good at all. But my goodness, it tasted delicious. So don't be fooled by looks. I served my pie at Grandma's to eat with cousins, aunts and uncles. We had like 15 different pies. It was wonderful!

The star of the party, Turkey!

What is a Purles reunion without music?





Sometimes music time turned into chaos time, like this:



Lots of technology. You can't tell, but this is an iphone.
The ipad.
We're an Apple family. Can you tell?
I caught the boys in the movie room...
watching this:
Yes, it's what you think it is. That my friends, is Princess Barbie, escaping some sort of bad guy. Imagine my surprise when I walked in to find not one girl in that room watching the movie.

And of course, at every reunion, there is lots of love.









All in all, it was a fantabulous reunion. I hope all your Thanksgivings were full of love, family and friends, and lots of food.

3 comments:

  1. Yes it was a great reunion. We had such a fun time! I would love to get some of your pictures. Can you email me any you think I would be interested in. I will do the same. Thank!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good weekend! I guess scottie dog sweaters are a standard for grandma's! I saw your grandma's and laughed because when my grandma passed guess what all the grandkids wanted, one of her Scottie dog sweaters! I guess I should start looking for mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanx for documenting the Purles Family Reunion. Love the videos. I found my camera so I can contribute to the family history now. Your pie was delicious by the way - beautiful too. Like you.

    ReplyDelete