Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Soap Box

Can I just vent for a second? I apologize if this next post offends anyone, that isn't my goal. I just want to get out some of those feelings I've held in for the past week out there in cyberspace. I'm hoping it will make me feel semi-better.

I love BYU. I don't know where I would be with out it. But when we finally get some college school spirit, do we have to apologize? I feel like I can say a little bit on this one because I've been both an Aggie and a Cougar. So what's with the Y student being punished for this little number?

http://www.ksl.com/emedia/slc/2488/248854/24885439.jpg

I don't see anything malicious or rude. I can't tell you how many posts I've seen on Facebook saying something like "classy, cougs." Come on. I've seen the posters USU fans hold up for basketball games, and they are vulgar, rude, and totally uncalled for. Most of them don't even have to do with sports. But when we say one thing that hints to a competitive spirit, the news is ALL over it. I understand BYU is a Church school, but does that mean we have to take kicks in the face all the time without enjoying a little harmless school spirit too? I mean we are college kids who just want to have a little fun too. I guess I just don't see why we are criticized so much for such a small act. I personally, enjoyed it.

GO BYU!

That's pretty much it. I will repent later for this post by writing something awesome about Thanksgiving - because that is what I'm supposed to be thinking about. I LOVE Thanksgiving!

And I'm especially excited to be able to see my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment