Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Therapy

Over the last couple of weeks I've realized that cooking has become a sort of passion/obsession of mine. Not only is it something I crave to do, but it's something I find myself thinking about all the time. I love looking up new recipes, watching cooking shoes, trying out new flavors, and slaving over a hot stove and oven. I especially love cooking for others.

I think I may just love food a little too much.

Anyways, I find that if I can cook when I come home from a stressful day, all my fears and worries melt away. As long as I can cook, I stay sane. It has become therapy for me. I can't wait until I graduate so I can have more time to cook and we won't have to eat dinner at 9 pm anymore.

I think the realization of this love was awakened by my watching Julie & Julia a couple of weeks ago.
(LOVED the movie, but sad that it had to throw an "f" bomb in there. I mean, come on!)

Last night I stayed up until midnight making my Grandma's recipe for banana bread. Boy, was it delicious! I was glad to have something fresh for Daniel when he woke up this morning for breakfast. I'll post the recipe soon to share with y'all.

My new dream is to become famous like the Pioneer Woman. (Did you know she's going to be on Throw Down with Bobby Flay?! AWESOME.) I just want to cook, teach my kids, know everything about photography, look beautiful, and be a great story teller. You watch, I'll be famous for something someday.

I CAN'T wait for Thanksgiving. I'm going to be making a pecan pie for the first time. :) Mmmm. I can already taste it. I'm also grateful for this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment